Carbon Monoxide

Fire Prevention Week Oct. 4–10

Fire Prevention Week 2015 – Hear the Beep Where You Sleep National Fire Prevention Week was established to commemorate the Great Chicago Fire of 1871. This year, National Fire Prevention Week is from October 4–10, 2015, with the theme: Hear the Beep, Where you Sleep. Every bedroom needs a working smoke alarm. According to the […]

{more}

Des Moines Hotel Evacuated Overnight due to a possible gas leak

More than 400 guests were evacuated from a Downtown Des Moines hotel Thursday evening after several staff and guests reported a natural gas odor. Natural gas itself does not have an odor; however, gas companies are to routinely add an odorant so that people can detect any leak as precaution. As we head into the […]

{more}

Carbon Monoxide Leak Prompts Evacuation At Council Bluffs Motel

Dangerous carbon monoxide levels forced an evacuation at a Council Bluffs motel on Sunday. Known as the silent killer, carbon monoxide filled the pool room and reached guest rooms causing numerous people to become dizzy – a symptom of carbon monoxide poisoning. When a person breathes carbon monoxide, it is absorbed into blood cells, displacing […]

{more}

Keep Your Home CO Free

A hotel in Charlotte was forced to evacuate all guests today following increased levels of carbon monoxide. The cause of this accident was attributed to a fumigation crew’s improper equipment use. No injuries were reported and all guests and employees are said to be in good condition. This was an important reminder on just how […]

{more}

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Kills One and Sends 27 to Hospital in Long Island

On Sunday in Long Island, New York, carbon monoxide caused the death of a restaurant manager, and 27 people, including first responders, were treated due to the carbon monoxide poisoning.   Colorless, odorless carbon monoxide is produced by the incomplete combustion of fossil fuels like oil and natural gas. It was reported that the restaurant […]

{more}

Carbon Monoxide Detectors Save Lives

Carbon monoxide (CO) is a byproduct of combustion and when uncontained, can be found in homes and garages across America. It is colorless, odorless, tasteless and can be fatal with exposure. The Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) reports that approximately 200 people a year are killed by CO in the United States, and 5,000 are […]

{more}