Here at the Beattie Law Firm we are thankful for all of our clients, though the situation in which many find us is due to a terrible situation. We are truly thankful to have a relationship with each and every one. To fight and give each the justice that’s deserved following an accident.
To our current, past and future clients: we wish you a safe and happy Thanksgiving week.
It’s important to remember that although Thanksgiving is a holiday of togetherness, it’s also one of the deadliest. In the United States, fatal accidents spike during the four-day weekend. And nearly half of all traffic fatalities on Thanksgiving involve alcohol (NHTSA).
AAA estimated nearly 46.9 million Americans will travel fifty or more miles from home this Thanksgiving. This will be a 0.6 percent increase of travelers compared to 2015, with the Wednesday before Thanksgiving being the worst to travel.
Take extra precaution when traveling this week by following these tips:
- Follow the rules of the road
- Use caution in work zones
- If traveling far, make frequent stops and rotate drivers — do not drive fatigued.
- Do not follow another vehicle too closely and practice defensive driving
- Make sure your car is travel-ready — clean your headlights, taillights, check wipers
We wish you all a safe and Happy Thanksgiving from The Beattie Law Firm.