Trusted Car Accident Lawyer
Handling Your Legal Complexities
You do not have to deal with the insurance company on your own. At Beattie Law Firm, we can attend to all the details of your car accident claim. Our job is to handle all legal aspects of your claim, while you recover physically and emotionally. We will advise you on questions such as:
No car accident injury case is too small or too big for us to consult with you. In fact, many seemingly minor injuries prove, over time, to be more serious than expected. Our personal injury attorneys represent people who have suffered injuries ranging from lacerations, whiplash, broken bones, and traumatic brain injuries to paraplegia and quadriplegia. We encourage you to pick up the phone and give us a call. We will be honest and forthright regarding your rights and the appropriate course of action at the time and into the future.
Remember: The insurance adjuster is a professional who deals with automobile accident claims on a daily basis and whose first responsibility is to the insurance company, not you. In fact, by the time you read this, they may have already convinced you to give a recorded statement or sign a patient’s waiver for them. You need a car or motorcycle accident lawyer on your side to protect your rights and advise you on the appropriate course of action. Contact us today for a free initial consultation.
- Do I have to talk with the other driver’s insurance company?
- Do I have to give a recorded statement?
- If I have already given a recorded statement, what do I do now?
- Should I give the adjuster a patient waiver?
- Should I accept the insurance company’s property damage payment?
- How will my medical bills be paid?
- What are insurance medical payments?
- Do I have insurance medical payment coverage?
- What do I do when the other driver’s insurance company is saying that I am partially or completely at fault?
- What do I do for compensation when I am off work?
- Will the insurance company pay for my future doctor visits?
- If I accept a settlement offer, can I get more later if my condition worsens?
- What is reasonable compensation for what I am going through?
- Is my spouse or child entitled to compensation?
- Is there a time limit on my claim?
- Will pre-existing conditions prevent me from being compensated for the accident?
- What is under-insured motorist coverage? Am I entitled to it?
- What is uninsured motorist coverage? Am I entitled to it?
- The officer told me the other driver does not have insurance. What should I do?
- Am I entitled to my lost wages while I am recovering from the accident?
- What happens when more than one driver caused the accident? Who would be responsible for my injury?
- Do I have to repay the bills paid by my health insurance company?
- How much does it cost to pursue my rights?
- If the other driver did not get a ticket, can I still make a claim for my injuries?
The answers to the above questions are generally case specific. No two accident claims should be treated the same. Worrying about finances and legalities following an auto crash does little to help you recover. We want to give you the peace of mind you so desperately need in a time of uncertainty and chaos. Dealing with the insurance company is what we do best.
Crashworthiness is the ability of a vehicle or other structure to protect the passengers or occupants during a crash or other impact. Crashworthiness deals with product liability and issues such as whether the vehicle was designed correctly and safely to prevent injury when an accident occurs.
Crashworthiness cases are unique. They are expensive. They are complex. But most importantly, they save lives. They save lives because they force change in the industry when design issues are exposed.
When trucks are speeding through Iowa on I-80, I-35, I-235, I-380, I-29, or on any other road in Iowa, a miscalculation, misjudgment, or inattention can cause a semi crash that seriously injures those in the cars they crash into. These sometimes result in tragic death.
At Beattie Law Firm in Des Moines, our Iowa truck accident lawyers represent people who have been injured or killed in truck accidents.
In a trucking accident, there are many factors that require careful investigation. The accident may be the result of a driver who has a prior history of accidents, a driver who has been on the road too long, or a driver simply driving too fast. No matter what the cause, though, make sure you have a personal injury attorney who understands the mechanics of a truck accident as well as the law and your rights.
The injuries suffered in a truck accident are severe and often include death. At our law firm, we have the experience and the determination it takes to obtain maximum compensation for our clients. More importantly, we can provide peace of mind that your claim is being handled efficiently and effectively by an experienced Iowa accident attorney.
You do not have to deal with the insurance company on your own. At Beattie Law Firm, we can attend to all the details of your car accident claim. Our job is to handle all legal aspects of your claim, while you recover physically and emotionally.
Train Crossing Accidents
Train crossing accidents are devastating. When a heavy train hits a car or SUV, the people inside the smaller vehicle are almost always killed or suffer catastrophic injuries.
At Beattie Law Firm, our Iowa train crossing accident attorneys work closely with the victims’ families to determine what happened and why, and to obtain fair and just compensation for their losses.
The railroad company and its lawyers are protecting their own interests. It is important to have your own personal injury attorney who can protect your rights and interests.
When Beattie Law Firm is asked to represent the victims of a railroad crossing accident, our lawyers take immediate action to investigate the accident scene and secure the evidence. In an effort to clean up a railroad crossing accident site, the railroad company can remove valuable evidence that could explain what happened.
For example, an unmarked crossing may get a new warning sign after an accident — a warning sign that might have prevented the accident. Shrubbery or trees or other obstacles that hid a sign may be cut back. Barriers that failed to work at the time of the accident may be repaired.
Our investigators and lawyers will also look at the train itself. Was it going faster than allowed speeds at that place or that hour of the day? Was the train operating in full compliance with regulations? We look for and find the answers.
Drunk Driving Accidents/Dram Shop
.08 is the law. Because a drunk driver often does not slow down or take any evasive actions to prevent an accident, drunk driving accident injuries are often more serious than injuries in other car or truck accidents.
At Beattie Law Firm, our Iowa drunk driving accident attorneys seek compensation from the drunk driver, the dram shop (restaurant, liquor store, or bar supplying and serving liquor) that served the driver and any others who could be liable for accident injuries and wrongful death.
There are time limits on filing a lawsuit. In most cases, the dram shop must be given notice within six months of the accident. Talk to a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible in order to protect all your rights.