Alternate Medical Care Petition for Dissatisfied, Injured Workers

Dram Shop & Social Host Liability in Iowa
July 1, 2013
Beware of Dog Bites
July 19, 2013
Show all

Alternate Medical Care Petition for Dissatisfied, Injured Workers

In Worker’s Compensation cases, the injured worker is often dissatisfied with the medical care he or she is receiving. Well-known insurance companies are often interested in obtaining a doctor’s opinion on whether or not the victim was injured at work, when they ought to be concerned with providing proper medical care for their clients.

Common dissatisfactions with medial care during a Worker’s Compensation case include:

· Refusal from insurance companies to provide medical care

· Being directed to see a different doctor

· Denied requests to see a specialist

· Being sent to a doctor a great distance away from the residence

Fortunately, the injured worker does have some rights if they are dissatisfied with their medical careThe lawyer representing the injured worker can file an Alternate Medical Care petition with the Industrial Commissioner’s office. Iowa law compels the Industrial Commissioner to set a hearing promptly to hear the proposal by the injured worker.

Alternative Medical Care petitions are one of the most effective tools a lawyer can have in dealing with medical care issues. If the injured worker has a compelling reason why alternate medical care is needed, it can be viewed very favorably by the Industrial Commissioner and relief can be provided to the injured worker.

It takes the expertise of a lawyer representing an injured worker to file and present an Alternate Medical Care plan. We at the Beattie Law Firm are specialists in Worker’s Compensation matters and we encourage you to contact us if you are dissatisfied with your medical care.