Carbon Monoxide Leak Prompts Evacuation At Council Bluffs Motel

March 2015 – Nationwide Rural Road Safety
March 18, 2015
AAA Foundation Releases Video Of Dashcam Footage of Distracted Teen Drivers
March 27, 2015
Show all

Carbon Monoxide Leak Prompts Evacuation At Council Bluffs Motel

Known as the silent killer, carbon monoxide filled the pool room and reached guest rooms causing numerous people to become dizzy – a symptom of carbon monoxide poisoning. When a person breathes carbon monoxide, it is absorbed into blood cells, displacing oxygen. Other symptoms include:

· Weakness

· Nausea or vomiting

· Shortness of breath

· Confusion

· Blurred vision

When the fire department arrived, they found carbon monoxide levels at 600 parts per million. Thirty parts per million is dangerous for people.

At least four people were injured due to the poisonous gas.

Nationwide, carbon monoxide is the cause of about 430 deaths a year, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We at The Beattie Law Firm have stressed the importance of having a carbon monoxide detectors in your home to alert if there is a leak, preventing the life-threatening symptoms.

Our team is experienced at carbon monoxide cases. If you find yourself, or a loved one, injured due to carbon monoxide poisoning give us a call for a free consultation.