Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Cases

Iowa’s Only GR8 Professional Law Firm:


  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Gossage v. Retailer, et. al. (Iowa 2008)

Facts: Mr. Gossage was an employee of a hog lot in Iowa. A propane operated gas washer was installed inside of a break room without adequate ventilation. A buildup of carbon monoxide killed Mr. Gossage. The lawsuit was filed against the appliance manufacturer and the gas retailer for negligent inspection and negligent failure to warn.

SettlementSettlements in total in excess of $800,000+ were obtained for the client of The Beattie Law Firm shortly before the start of trial.

Bennett v. Propane Retailer(Minnesota 2008)

Facts: Mr. Bennett suffered carbon monoxide poisoning after an animal was found in the propane system at his residence. The animal acted like a cork in the propane system, blocking the escape of harmful carbon monoxide fumes to the chimney.

Settlement: A confidential six-figure settlement was reached on behalf of Mr. Bennett.

Devore v. Retailer, et. al. (Iowa 2004)

Facts: A 17 year old youth died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning while camping. A propane heater was defective, resulting in the release of excessive amounts of carbon monoxide. Defendants failed to warn users of its product the risks of carbon monoxide poisoning in the camping setting.

SettlementSettlements in excess of $400,000+ were obtained for the client of The Beattie Law Firm.