For your safety we encourage you to look over these helpful tips before hitting road this holiday season:
- Be prepared. Make sure your vehicle is in good condition and can handle the upcoming travel. This is imperative when you’re traveling during the winter.
- Remember to buckle up. Everyone should be wearing their seatbelts, but it’s especially important that young children in car seats are properly restrained.
- Be flexible. Winter weather can present lots of unforeseen obstacles. Be willing to modify plans to ensure that you get to your destination safely.
- Stay alert. Don’t drive tired. Make frequent stops to stretch your legs. The majority of single-car accidents occur at night and are the result of tired or impaired drivers so stop at a motel or pull over to rest if necessary. It’s more important arrive safely, not early.
- Don’t speed. With an influx of holiday travelers, interstates are going to be more crowded than ever. Keep your speed down and leave plenty of distance between you and the cars around you.
- Always have a designated driver
- Avoid distractions. Focus your attention on the road, not your phone. If you must use your phone, pull over first.
We at Beattie Law Firm wish you and those you love a happy holiday season. If you or someone you love is injured during holiday travel, don’t hesitate to give us a call. We can help.