It may not be grilling season in Iowa, but a recent accident involving ESPN’s Hannah Storm brings light to a common household product.
In mid-December Hannah Storm was preparing dinner at her home when she noticed the flame on her grill had gone out. When she reignited the gas, it had caused an explosion, which resulted in first- and second-degree burns to her hand, chest and face. We at Beattie Law Firm urge everyone to pay attention to this particular accident and learn about the potential dangers their grill poses to them.
Review these grilling facts from the National Fire Protection Association:
Follow these tips from the Beattie Law Firm to prevent grill fires:
You should not only take precaution with your grill, but also gas-run systems throughout your home. We have represented many victims of natural and propane gas explosions, and we urge you to review our blog post from August 2012 for more helpful tips on how to stay safe.
Remember these facts if you plan to use your grill during the football playoffs and as we approach warmer weather in the coming months.