For Iowans this weekend marks the beginning of football season; and many will load up their cooler and pack the grill for their favorite pre-game tradition: tailgating.
While we want you to enjoy your tailgate, we at The Beattie Law Firm want to remind you of some tailgating safety tips — whether you plan to tailgate at home or at the stadium.
- Be sure to pack plenty of ice in your cooler, especially if you plan to bring raw or uncooked meat, to avoid food poisoning.
- If you plan to grill, bring a fire extinguisher.
- If you are using a charcoal grill, make sure the coals are cooled before putting them in the garbage or back in your vehicle.
- If you are using a gas grill, make sure the grill is securely packed in your truck. Remember these safety tips.
- Make sure you can see properly and that there are no items in your way, such as bottle or cans before starting to drive.
- Have a designated driver. If any guests have been drinking, don’t let them get behind the wheel.
We’re excited to cheer on our alma mater this football season, and we want you to have fun and be safe! If you or a loved one have a concern or have become injured, please give us a call for a free consultation.