As you plan tonight’s festivities, we want you to remember to stay safe as we all countdown to 2014!
If you plan on drinking, or serving alcohol, here are some important reminders:
- Plan ahead by naming a designated driver.
- Contact a local cab company to provide rides for your guests.
- Serve non-alcoholic beverages as an option to your guests.
- Provide guests with a place to stay overnight.
- Stop serving alcohol to your guests several hours before the party ends.
- Take the keys from someone if you feel they are too impaired to drive.
Snowfall yesterday are causing roads to be slick, and with a possibility of more snow, remember these safe driving tips:
- Always buckle up when you’re on the road. Seatbelts may reduce your risk of death or a serious injury by half.
- Check your brakes and know what they do.
- With most festivities ending well after midnight, be sure you’re not fatigued before driving.
- Keep your windows clear and check your antifreeze.
- Allow yourself enough time to reach your designation.
- Remember the three P’s of safe winter driving — PREPARE for the trip; PROTECT yourself; and PREVENT crashes on the road.
We at the Beattie Law Firm care about your safety and want you to have a safe and happy new year!