Every year, hundreds of men, women and children are injured or die from carbon monoxide poisoning. In fact, carbon monoxide is the leading cause of poison-related deaths in the United States.
We at The Beattie Law Firm have represented clients around the country who are victims of carbon monoxide incidents and want to make sure you take the measures to avoid carbon monoxide incidents.
With nice weather and grilling season in full-gear, carbon monoxide incidents may occur as a result of improper operation of equipment on your propane gas system.
We represent clients not only in Iowa, but also throughout the United States. In one case in Minnesota, a squirrel had attempted to go down a chimney and became trapped, resulting in carbon monoxide filling the house by displacing the oxygen.
Recently, in Iowa, we represented a client who nearly died after a gas equipment installer improperly installed equipment, which created carbon monoxide.
One very important preventative measure for carbon monoxide-related incidents is purchasing carbon monoxide detectors and placing them around the home. This device could easily avoid carbon monoxide tragedies. Because carbon monoxide is an odorless and colorless gas, there is no way for a person to detect the presence of carbon monoxide without a detector. For a small cost, it could prevent serious brain damage, injuries and even death.
We at the Beattie law firm stand ready and able to help in the event of a Carbon monoxide occurrence.